Guess what? We’ve made a note in our diary for the Huon Valley Business Expo. There’s a big day of family fun and activities planned, with more than 60 exhibitors raring to show the world what they have to offer. Why don’t you join us? There’s prizes to be won and lots of great, enthusiastic people to meet.
Huon Valley Business Expo
Entry to the Huon Valley Business Expo is by gold coin donation, and everyone has a chance to win a selection of lucky door prizes. The PCYC will offer catering from their coffee shop, and if you’ve not seen the building before, you’ll be suitably impressed. There’s plenty of free parking, and even a great play gym for the kids to burn off some energy while you peruse all the stalls.
The Huon Valley is known for great produce and tourism ventures, but it’s also home to many other interesting, unusual and successful businesses that will showcase their products and services at the first Huon Valley Business Expo.
Organisers are promoting the event as a great opportunity for Huon locals to mingle with fellow business owners. The public will have a chance to meet the local law firm, the local bank, internet service provider, newsagency, wedding organiser, travel agent, driving school and many more. They’re also hoping visitors from further afield will travel to the Huon Valley for the day and “be surprised by what’s on offer”.
The entire event will be staged inside the all-weather venue, which is only a 30 minute drive from Hobart. Some of the 60+ business owners making up the huge variety of stallholders include…
- Adrenalin Flies, an online store selling all things fly fishing
- Tazorb, adventure party experts. Come and try their crazy inflatable ‘zorb’ balls
- Open2View Tasmania, property photography including innovative elevated pole photography
- Outlook Concepts, outdoor design company recently relocated to the Huon Valley from Victoria
- The Wall of Lollies, a popular stop in Geeveston for those with a sweet tooth
- Kimberly’s Pet Taxi, pet transport, pet sitting and many more services for animal lovers
- Don’t Lose It, an online computer backup, antivirus, management and maintenance service
- Star Anise, beauty therapy and well deserved pampering in the centre of Huonville
- Kilbowie Wines, boutique winery and vineyard only 20 minutes drive from Hobart
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to enjoy an interesting day. See you there then.
The Huon Valley Business Expo will be held at the Huon Valley PCYC at 72 Wilmot Road Huonville, on Saturday October 13 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. For more details contact Scott Dufty, Huon Valley Business Enterprise Centre on (03) 6264 3080. You can also follow the last-minute progress of the Huon Valley Business Expo stallholders on Facebook.
If you like this article about Tasmania, and you’d like to read more, just subscribe to our newsletter or join us on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. If you really like this article, and you want others to see it, you can choose one of the “share” options below. We’d love that!
Comments relevant to this article are always most welcome, just leave a reply below. But first… please confirm the date of this article. Have you found something current, or is this ancient information? Either way, thanks for your company and come back again soon.