This is an online notice board for snippets of Tasmanian news and important items of interest.
Bicheno Food and Wine Festival
- Who: Events Tasmania
- What: Tassie’s best little food and wine festival with great musical entertainment
- When: Saturday 16 November 2019, 10:30am to 5:30pm
- Where: Bicheno Lions Park and surrounds
- How: tickets on sale from Sunday 1 September, see Bicheno Food and Wine Festival on Facebook for details
Empowering Tassie Kids
- Who: Variety the Children’s Charity Tasmania
- What: Variety of Chefs Gala Evening
- When: Saturday 14 September 2019
- Where: Tasman Room, Wrest Point
- How: price $195 per person or $1800 table of ten. Call (03) 6248 4888 for more details or see Variety of Chefs details via Facebook.
- Who: Think Tasmania… that would be us!
- What: we’re instigating a long-overdue update
- When: it’s happening very soon, so stay tuned
- Where: right here online, for wherever you are
- How: get excited and we’ll share news ASAP
Launch of the Lap of Tasmania
- Who: Lap of Tasmania: your ultimate Australian road trip
- What: Lap of Tasmania has launched and they welcome you to join their Facebook community for Tasmanian road trip inspiration and advice
- When: any time
- Where: across Tasmania
- How: join the Facebook community online
Handmade Hub: Bellerive Market
- Who: The Hive Market
- What: showcasing some of Tasmania’s finest handmade talent from around the state
- When: Sunday 8 December 2019 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Where: Clarence PCYC (10 Scott Street, Bellerive)
- How: handmade stalls plus scrumptious food and drinks
Banjo’s New Norfolk Market
- Who: Jessica Cosgrove: Deputy Mayor, Derwent Valley Council
- What: local produce, food stalls, artisan breads, bric-a-brac, plants and more
- When: most Saturdays from 8:00am to 2:00pm
- Where: High Street, New Norfolk
- How: heaps of free parking available in Laskey’s Car Park
- Who: Artentwine Sculpture Biennial is supported by the Tasmanian Government through Events Tasmania
- What: sculptures and wine combined
- When: due again late 2020, we’ll update dates when they become available
- Where: Tamar Valley Tasmania
- How: exhibition sites follow the western banks of the Tamar River from Rosevears to Rowella. Visit the Artentwine exhibition trail and wineries (which may include) Tamar Ridge Cellar Door, Moores Hill Estate, Goaty Hill Wines, Iron Pot Bay Vineyard and Holm Oak Vineyards.
- Who: Clarence City Council
- What: food, wine and maritime action all day including live music and roving entertainment
- When: Sunday 27 October 2019, 10:30am to 4:00pm
- Where: Bellerive Boardwalk
- How: free entry, see details online: Seafarers Festival
Roadside Poltergeist Gin Stall
- Who: Heritage Highway Tourism
- What: complimentary tastings (with purchase available) of award winning Poltergeist Gin directly from the Shene Estate Distillery
- When: most Sundays from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: 76 Shene Road, Pontville
- How: details online at Shene Estate and Distillery
- Who: Huon Agricultural Society Inc
- What: a country show offering a wide range of competitions, entertainment, animals, agricultural equipment and machinery
- When: Saturday 16 November 2019
- Where: Ranelagh Showgrounds
- How: details online at the Huon Show website
Festival of Roses
- Who: Woolmers Estate
- What: unique and fascinating reflection of colonial life in Tasmania, one of the most historically significant heritage properties in Australia. Thousands of roses and 80+ stalls ranging from wine, food, jewellery, art and crafts.
- When: Sunday 17 November 2019
- Where: Woolmers Estate: 658 Woolmers Lane, Longford
- How: enquiries contact Melissa Walsh
Colours of Emu Valley
- Who: Emu Valley Rhododendron Garden
- What: their vision is to be a world recognised woodland garden showcasing and protecting the Rhododendron genus. The true spirit of Tasmania, operated and maintained by volunteers since 1981, located in a beautiful 11 ha amphitheatre property including lakes, bridges, gazebos and paths. Just a stone’s throw from the lovely north west town of Burnie.
- When: open seven days (except Christmas Day and Good Friday) 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Where: 55 Breffny Road, Romaine (via Burnie) north west Tasmania
- How: plenty of parking and room for caravans. Tea room open seven days to end of May; check Emu Valley Rhododendron Garden on Facebook for updates or phone (03) 6433 1805. Not far from Hellyers Distillery and Guide Falls.
Natural Products from Flinders Island
- Who: Ocean Omegas
- What: topical products for skin care, muscular care and pain relief for a variety of conditions including arthritis, psoriasis and eczema
- When: order online anytime via Ocean Omega
- Where: 1337 Coast Road, Lady Barron
- How: call (03) 6359 3787 to discuss your specific requirements
Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook
- Who: Think Tasmania… that would be us!
- What: our social media accounts, where you can keep track of pretty-much ALL the things we do in Tasmania; not just the articles we share via the website
- When: posting regularly for your viewing pleasure
- Where: Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook… all using the Think Tasmania handle
- How: join, follow, comment and share us any which way you like
Make it Tasmania
- Who: Tasmanian Government
- What: Department of State Growth
- When: website promoting Tasmania as a place to live and work and encourage migration. The website provides links to various content relevant to people interested in the Tasmanian lifestyle… and Think Tasmania was featured.
- Where: Make It Tasmania online or Make it Tasmania on Facebook
- How: target growth for the state’s population to 650,000 by 2050
If you like this article about Tasmania, and you’d like to read more… just subscribe to our newsletter or join us on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. If you really like this article and you want others to see it, you can choose one of the “share” options below. We’d love that!
Comments relevant to this article are always most welcome, just leave a reply below. But first… please confirm the date of this article. Have you found something current, or is this ancient information? Either way, thanks for your company and come back again soon.