Silk is a new tourist attraction in Chudleigh near Mole Creek. Silk is a fudge/handicrafts and gift shop opened just eight days ago. I plan to go back there and get some shots for you. It looked just wonderful and some lovely local ladies are running it. Nice free fudge tastings too! They are just up the road from the honey store.
Silk: Chudleigh Tasmania
by Dan Fellow
- Experience the luxurious, luscious and lovely world of silk
- See the complete life cycle of the amazing Silkworm, egg through to moth
- Handle cocoons and raw silk
- See & feel the range of silk fabric: sheer chiffon to gold-threaded damask
- Learn about the history of silk production & manufacture through the ages
- Wander, amazed, through the myriad, kaleidoscopic wonderland of garments, gifts and goodies
- Sample delicious homemade silky smooth fudge
- Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of silk
- Open seven days: 9:00am to 5:00pm in the north west region of Tasmania
- 59 Sorell Street, Chudleigh Tasmania
Contact Jane and Don Lamont at Silk (0429 976 785).