Silk is a new tourist attraction in Chudleigh near Mole Creek. Silk is a fudge/handicrafts and gift shop opened just eight days ago. I plan to go back there and get some shots for you. It looked just wonderful and some lovely local ladies are running it. Nice free fudge tastings too! They are just up the road from the honey store.
Silk: Chudleigh Tasmania
by Dan Fellow
Here’s a few more photos to share. And the Silk theme makes lovely viewing. Enjoy!
Tasmanian Fudge: Chudleigh near Mole Creek
- Experience the luxurious, luscious and lovely world of silk
- See the complete life cycle of the amazing Silkworm, egg through to moth
- Handle cocoons and raw silk
- See & feel the range of silk fabric: sheer chiffon to gold-threaded damask
- Learn about the history of silk production & manufacture through the ages
- Wander, amazed, through the myriad, kaleidoscopic wonderland of garments, gifts and goodies
- Sample delicious homemade silky smooth fudge
- Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of silk
- Open seven days: 9:00am to 5:00pm in the north west region of Tasmania
- 59 Sorell Street, Chudleigh Tasmania
Contact Jane and Don Lamont at Silk (0429 976 785).
If you like this article about Tasmania, and you’d like to read more, just subscribe to our newsletter or join us on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. If you really like this article, and you want others to see it, you can choose one of the “share” options below. We’d love that!
Comments relevant to this article are always most welcome, just leave a reply below. But first… please confirm the date of this article. Have you found something current, or is this ancient information? Either way, thanks for your company and come back again soon.