Spring Exhibitions Bruny Island
by Michael Morgan
Showing: Art at the Point Gallery
Address: 18 Main Road, Dennes Point
Telephone: 03 6260 6424
The first exhibition is on view during September until October 16th with creations by:
- Laurie Cook – Wood sculptured ‘Bird Head Walking Stick’
- Margaret Vandenberg – Lino Prints and Assemblages
- Barbara Tassell – Digital Prints
- Marlene Schmidt – Felt Sculptures
- Lois Bury – ‘Green Rosella’ oil painting
- Michael Morgan – ‘Joy of Life’ – Still Life oil painting and landscapes
- Mahdi Chandler – Scarves
- Anna Williams – Silver and Gold cast jewellery and pendants
- Catriona Fitzgerald – Ceramics
Following this exhibition will be a major exhibition by Michael Morgan which will be opened by Dr. Graham Bury, Mayor of Kingborough at 2.00 pm on Saturday, 19th October, 2013 and will be on view for a month. It will be titled ‘Bon Vivant’ meaning ‘one who lives well’ and will be a cache of images full of decorative sensuality inspired by aspects of the Bruny Island lifestyle and its delights, especially those obtained from Sea and Earth.
If you like this article about Tasmania, and you’d like to read more, just subscribe to our newsletter or join us on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. If you really like this article, and you want others to see it, you can choose one of the “share” options below. We’d love that!
Comments relevant to this article are always most welcome, just leave a reply below. But first… please confirm the date of this article. Have you found something current, or is this ancient information? Either way, thanks for your company and come back again soon.